MCTD Admissions Requirements and Procedures
Admissions to MCTD
Interested applicants must complete the steps described in the next section prior to acceptance to MCTD. Deadlines, as written in the application, must be met for timely acceptance prior to the start of the academic program. The MCTD application may be found in the “Forms” section of the MCTD Adult Learner Handbook or you may download a PDF of the application.
- Complete the MCTD Formal Application and submit the fee to MCTD. Note that all required documents must be on file for consideration, including: official transcripts, professional and personal recommendations, and completed essay questions.
- Participate in one observation of a Montessori Early Childhood classroom.
- Attend interview session with the Program Director and/or Assistant Program Director.
- Obtain acceptance letter and enrollment agreement from MCTD.
- Sign and return enrollment agreement and fee to MCTD.
- Begin search for approved Practicum site if not considering an MCTD suggested site.
All prospective Adult Learners participate in an initial interview with the MCTD Program Director and/or Assistant Program Director to discuss expectations, requirements, and general information about the MCTD program. Additionally, the Program Director and/or Assistant Program Director will invite candidates to share prior experience in working with young children and personal and professional goals for participating in the program.
MCTD prohibits discrimination in any manner contrary to law in its employment, educational programs, admission policies, and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, and where applicable, sex, marital status, familial status, parental status, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, associational preference, veteran status, ancestry, or any other class protected by federal, state, or local law. MCTD also affirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities and equal access to its facilities.